Fivium commits to Net Zero emissions by 2030
As part Fivium’s dedication to fighting climate change, creating social value and operating in a socially and environmentally responsible way, Fivium is delighted to have committed to being a Net Zero emissions company by March 2030.
“As the world’s landscape continues to change the way we live and work, Fivium is committed to reinforcing its status as a socially and environmentally responsible organisation that looks after its employees, customers and the local and global communities we operate in. Our Net Zero emissions by 2030 target is just one of the ways we are delivering on this commitment.” Richard Clarke, Director at Fivium.
As part of this strategy, we intend to build on our previous carbon reduction initiatives and implement the following measures to achieve Net Zero by 2030:
- continuing to maintain ISO14001 accreditation
- attaining B-Corp accreditation
- expanding our cycle to work scheme
- investing in new bike racks in our office building to promote cycling to work rather than using other forms of CO2 emitting transport
- migrating our development environment tools and services from the physical infrastructure located in our office to the cloud by end of December 2022. This is expected to result in annual reductions of approximately 5.23tCO2e of Scope 2 emissions
- ensuring that, wherever viable, we use cloud-based services to run our operations and where this is not viable then we only purchase low power consumption equipment
- investing in carbon removal projects to offset any residual emissions that cannot be eradicated
For full details of how we aim to achieve Net Zero by 2030, you can read through our Carbon Reduction Plan.