Business Analyst / Product Owner
Wanted: a skilled business analyst / product owner with experience of working across products in an agile organisation, who will work with our development teams as we continue to grow.
Who we are
Named as one of the top SME suppliers to government by the Cabinet Office, Fivium are universally well respected for both our SaaS correspondence handling platform (eCase) and our digital development services.
Our tireless customer focus coupled with our dedication to delivering excellence means that our services are setting the benchmark across the industry and driving significant organic growth; however, we recognise that this is only possible because of our very talented and engaged team, which is our most precious and prized asset, so at Fivium our people come first – always.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst / Product Owner or an experienced Business Analyst looking to move towards a Product Owner role, who has a passion for building and deploying well-designed products that deliver value and engage users.
You will work with various teams to design, develop and support features that equally delight and transform our users lives, whilst anticipating and prioritising their future needs. To deliver this successfully, the Business Analyst / Product Owner will need to have strong time management skills, a positive and productive outlook, and be equally comfortable and confident in front of customers as they are with their team.
Core job responsibilities include:
- Working with customers and the product team, gathering requirements, functional design specifications, writing user stories and communicating with stakeholders.
- Working closely with the product teams through activities such as market research, user groups, customer advisory boards and pricing studies to understand customer needs, align user experience initiatives and input to a roadmap that will have the highest impact on revenue generation.
- Assisting in operational rollout and support.
- Collaborating to solve both technical and commercial problems and adopt an innovative mindset to overcome challenges.
- Identifying and analysing data and customer feedback/research to define problems, measure results, and prioritise competing opportunities.
- Defining and tracking metrics critical to success of product features.
- Adapting and remaining flexible to changing priorities and considering new ideas while having the business’s success firmly in focus.
- Minimum of 2 years' Business Analyst and/or Product Owner experience (preferably in a business application SaaS vendor).
- Proven experience with Agile methodology, writing user stories, inputting to backlog prioritisation, etc.
- Knowledge of agile (ideally Scrum) project methodologies.
- Experience of working with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) useful but not essential.
Skills and qualifications
- Educated to degree level.
- Strong and demonstrable leadership and influencing skills.
- Experience working with, and managing, stakeholders and customers.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach and an ability to operate effectively with uncertainty and change.
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a "can do" attitude.
- Extremely well organised with an ability to handle and digest large amounts of information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
We offer a starting salary of £45,000 pa, and excellent benefits, including annual profit share, private health cover, and free bar in the office for Friday drinks! Non-alcoholic drinks are included. You will also get to enjoy our monthly social events, like go-karting, urban golf, bowling, ping pong at Bounce and visiting Cirque du Soleil.
How to apply
Please email your CV (2-3 pages A4) to email@example.com with "BA / Product Owner" in the subject line.
If you use LinkedIn, Stack Overflow Careers, GitHub, etc. and you want to share your profiles with us, we would love to see them.
All applicants will need to demonstrate permanent eligibility to work in the UK during the application process. Unfortunately, we're not able to sponsor applicants without the permanent right to work in the UK.