Wanted: a skilled Quality Assurance Lead, to guide our QA team through the next exciting period of growth.
Who we are
Named as one of the top SME suppliers to government by the Cabinet Office, Fivium are universally well respected for both our SaaS correspondence handling platform (eCase) and our digital development services.
Our tireless customer focus coupled with our dedication to delivering excellence means that our services are setting the benchmark across the industry and driving significant organic growth; however, we recognise that this is only possible because of our very talented and engaged team, which is our most precious and prized asset, so at Fivium our people come first – always.
Fivium are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Lead, to manage the processes and people to conduct quality assurance testing across the Fivium Engineering function. In this role, the QA Lead develops effective and efficient methods, maintains documentation throughout the QA process, and communicates with development teams to provide a reliable, consistent, and positive end user experience.
The QA Lead ensures rigorous testing throughout the development process, identifying potential issues and reporting them back to development teams. The QA Lead will ensure that the appropriate focus is placed on automation at every stage of the QA process.
Core job responsibilities include:
- Management of the QA team, including mentoring of junior members of the team.
- Leading and implementing the software testing and automation testing strategy.
- Driving continuous development of the QA function.
- Monitoring effectiveness of the QA function.
- Defining best practice for test infrastructure and liaising with DevOps in areas such as CI/CD
- Responsible for the release process and quality of code deployed to production.
- Anticipating bottlenecks and providing escalation management.
- Adapting and remaining flexible to changing priorities and considering new ideas while having the business’s success firmly in focus.
- Minimum 5 years' QA experience.
- Minimum 2 years' experience leading and managing a team of QA Engineers.
- Strong Agile background (Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience of working with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) useful but not essential.
- Experience in testing various applications, services and user interfaces.
- Experience of testing applications in a cloud environment (eg AWS).
- Experience of reviewing functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experience of test-driven development (desirable).
Skills and qualifications
- Degree in CS, IT or related scientific discipline.
- ISTQB Certified Agile Tester (desirable)
- Strong communication skills for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proficient in automated checking at the right level of the stack (Unit / Component / Integration / API / Visual / Functional / End-to-End).
- Familiarity with various defect management systems.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach and an ability to operate effectively with uncertainty and change.
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a "can do" attitude.
- Extremely well organised with an ability to handle and digest large amounts of information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
We offer a starting salary of up to £65,000 pa depending on skills and experience, and excellent benefits, including annual profit share, private health cover, and free bar in the office for Friday drinks! Non-alcoholic drinks are included. You will also get to enjoy our monthly social events, like go-karting, urban golf, bowling, ping pong at Bounce and visiting Cirque du Soleil.
How to apply
Please email your CV (2-3 pages A4) to email@example.com with "QA Lead" in the subject line.
If you use LinkedIn, Stack Overflow Careers, GitHub, etc. and you want to share your profiles with us, we would love to see them.
All applicants will need to demonstrate permanent eligibility to work in the UK during the application process. Unfortunately, we're not able to sponsor applicants without the permanent right to work in the UK.