Junior Application Developer
Fivium is a successful and growing software development company based in Covent Garden, London. We build web applications for some of the largest government departments, like the Ministry of Defence, HM Treasury and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Our success is built on our people. We offer excellent opportunities for personal development and career progression. We're looking for a Junior Application Developer to join us, who will quickly become a vital member of our team. You will work alongside our highly experienced developers on exciting projects.
You'll be helping to build and maintain our wide range of systems such as the UK export licensing database and eCase, our correspondence and FOI handling product. Full training is provided, and you'll be given the opportunity to gain Oracle Certified Associate status in your first few months with us.
We offer a starting salary of circa £28,000 pa (dependant on skills and experience) and benefits including health insurance, profit share and monthly social events.
Responsibilities will include
- Developing complex web applications using Oracle PL/SQL and our internal FOXopen framework (full training provided)
- Regularly interacting with clients to establish project requirements and gather feedback
- Working with our project managers to develop specs and schedules
- Working with our testing team to find, log and fix bugs
- Graduate (2:1 or higher, ideally computing, mathematics, or other technical discipline)
- Experience writing SQL queries and database programming
- Experience designing and implementing software in one of the following languages (or similar): Java, C, C++, C#, PHP, Ruby. We're not looking for experience in a particular language so much as general programming aptitude.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Oracle, PL/SQL, XML, XPath, XQuery, XSLT
- Understanding of client/server architecture
The following benefits are available after you've successfully completed a six-month probationary period:
- BUPA private health insurance
- Generous company contributory Pension Scheme
- Annual profit share (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Season ticket loan
- Tax-free cycle scheme
You'll also be eligible for the following benefits as soon as you join us:
- SimplyHealth cash plan
- 23 days' leave per year (rising to 25 after three years)
- Monthly all-staff social events (go karting, theatre trips, rock climbing…)
- Company away days
- Free fruit, juice and soft drinks
To apply, please email your CV (2-3 pages A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Junior Application Developer" in the subject line. Please don't include a covering letter - they won't be passed on to the interviewers.