We're a nimble IT company, built up of industry-leading experts, driving the digital transformation of the UK public sector. We are passionate about building software that is essential, usable, robust and cutting-edge.
We work with the largest government departments, including the Ministry of Defence, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, HM Treasury and the Oil and Gas Authority.
Our projects include the UK export licensing service, the UK Energy Portal, and eCase, our correspondence, parliamentary questions and FOI handling product, used by five major government organisations.
About the role
You will be working in our infrastructure team alongside our senior DBA to provide maintenance and support for the Oracle databases. We have many Standard and Enterprise Oracle 11g and 12c databases in development, test and production environments. You will be familiar with the changing and demanding needs of development environments and the care and diligence required on production systems. We create an innovative environment where new approaches to achieving consistency and reliability are welcomed. You will be keen to share your Oracle expertise with our in-house developers, influencing best practices and working with them to solve challenging performance problems.
We offer a starting salary of between £35,000 - £55,000 pa (depending on skills and experience), and excellent benefits, including: annual profit share, private health cover, and free bar in the office for Friday drinks! Non-alcoholic drinks are included. You will also get to enjoy our monthly social events, like go-karting, urban golf, bowling, ping pong at Bounce and visiting Cirque du Soleil.
- Excellent Oracle DBA fundamentals
- Understanding of Oracle Database Internals
- Excellent SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Excellent Performance Tuning, Optimiser analysis
- Enterprise & Standard Editions
- CPU/PSU patching
- Strong Linux & shell scripting
- Desirable (Dataguard, Spatial, LOBs, XMLType)
- Desirable (Other databases, Mysql, Postgres)
Ideally you will have:
- 1-4 years’ experience as an Oracle DBA
- Oracle Certified Professional qualifications (or working towards)
- Enthusiasm to improve our processes
- Keen to improve yourself through self-learning and external training
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must be able to obtain security clearance to work with the UK government.
How to apply
Please email your CV (2-3 pages A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Oracle DBA" in the subject line.
If you’re not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, please let us know how you're eligible to work in the UK when you apply. Unfortunately, we're not able to sponsor those applicants unable to work in the UK.
- SimplyHealth - health cover that pays for eye care, contact lenses, dental, etc.
- Profit share*
- Season ticket loan*
- Ride2Work scheme with Evans Cycles
- Monthly all-staff social events (go-karting, urban golf, bowling, Taste of London)
- Company away days
- Free fruit, tea, coffee, juice and soft drinks
- Budget for training, going to conferences, etc.
- 23 days’ leave per year (rising to 25 after three years)
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Income protection cover
- Critical illness cover
- Life assurance
- Private health insurance (Bupa)*
- Enhanced pension scheme (5% employer contribution)*
* available after completing your probation period.
Fivium is an award-winning, successful software development company based near Embankment, Central London.
We have been steadily growing for 12 years while maintaining our start-up culture, where everyone is encouraged to discuss and share ideas with all staff members, from most junior to the company directors. Our growth has been fuelled by our strong relationships with customers, our reputation for excellence and our commitment to hiring the very best.
We have been awarded Investors in People Gold Accreditation, a testament to our commitment to being an awesome place to work.