Software Development Engineer in Test
Wanted: a skilled Software Development Engineer in Test to work with our QA team to implement and extend automated testing across Fivium products.
Who we are
Named as one of the top SME suppliers to government by the Cabinet Office, Fivium are universally well respected for both our SaaS correspondence handling platform (eCase) and our digital development services.
Our tireless customer focus coupled with our dedication to delivering excellence means that our services are setting the benchmark across the industry and driving significant organic growth; however, we recognise that this is only possible because of our very talented and engaged team, which is our most precious and prized asset, so at Fivium our people come first – always.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to report to the QA Lead and in conjunction with them take ownership of test automation across the Fivium products. This will involve identification of the highest value areas to automate, prioritisation of automation development and recommendation of the appropriate tools/technologies, as well as the development of the automated tests.
Core job responsibilities include:
- Set up and perform Test Automation across platforms (primarily web).
- Set up, maintain, and operate test automation frameworks.
- Produce and execute test plans, scripts, cases, acceptance criteria and scenarios.
- Work with developers to help define and implement the testing needs of each application and where applicable implement end user automated tests using industry standard frameworks.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with development & QA processes.
- Plan and organise own daily testing activities alongside product owners and developers.
- Minimum of 2 years in a Software Development Engineer in Test role.
- Performance & Security Testing using industry standard tools and techniques in cloud environment.
- Experience with implementing and using automated test tools for user journey testing (e.g. Selenium and Cucumber using Java).
- Experience of automated regression testing.
- Experience of implementing an automated end-to-end testing framework (for example using Selenium Grid / BrowserStack).
- API testing (ideally REST/JSON).
- Strong SQL and scripting skills.
- Experience of working with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Familiar with software release processes and be able to demonstrate experience from previous roles.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment focused on short delivery timescales.
- Experience of test-driven development (desirable).
Skills and qualifications
- Degree in CS, IT or related scientific discipline.
- ISTQB Certified Agile Tester (desirable)
- Strong communication skills for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proficient in automated checking at the right level of the stack (Unit / Component / Integration / API / Visual / Functional / End-to-End).
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach and an ability to operate effectively with uncertainty and change.
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a "can do" attitude.
- Extremely well organised with an ability to handle and digest large amounts of information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
We offer a starting salary of circa £50,000 pa depending on skills and experience, and excellent benefits, including annual profit share, private health cover, and free bar in the office for Friday drinks! Non-alcoholic drinks are included. You will also get to enjoy our monthly social events, like go-karting, urban golf, bowling, ping pong at Bounce and visiting Cirque du Soleil.
How to apply
Please email your CV (2-3 pages A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Software Development Engineer in Test" in the subject line.
If you use LinkedIn, Stack Overflow Careers, GitHub, etc. and you want to share your profiles with us, we would love to see them.
All applicants will need to demonstrate permanent eligibility to work in the UK during the application process. Unfortunately, we're not able to sponsor applicants without the permanent right to work in the UK.